SEE SMART SMEs 2020-2024
The European exchange programme for Entrepreneurs
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme that gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries. (EU countries, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine.)
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay for a period of 1 to 6 months with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
The stay is partly financed by the European Commission.
As a new entrepreneur, you will benefit from on-the-job training in a small or medium-sized enterprise in another Participating Country. This will ease the successful start of your business or strengthen your new enterprise. You can also benefit from access to new markets, international cooperation and potential possibilities for collaboration with business partners abroad.
As a host entrepreneur, you can benefit from fresh ideas from a motivated new entrepreneur on your business. He may have specialised skills or knowledge in an area you do not master, which could also complement yours. Most host entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decide to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards.
It is a win-win collaboration whereby both of the parties can also discover new European markets or business partners, different ways of doing business.
On the longer-term, you will benefit from wide networking opportunities, and, possibly, decide to continue your collaboration, possibly as long-term business partners (e.g. joint ventures, sub-contracting activities, contractor-supplier relationships, etc).
"Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs" is financed by the European Commission and operates across the Participating Countries with the help of the local contact points, competent in business support. Their activities are coordinated at European level by the Support Office of the Programme.
Who can participate?
New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years
Can I participate as a start-up entrepreneur?
You can participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur if:
- You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan;
- You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience.
Your (future) company or activity can be in any sector and there is no age limit (Note: all participants must be over 18 years old).
However, you must also:
- Be a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries;
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another Participating Country; be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur's business and make your skills and competences available;
- Be ready to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad.
Note that new entrepreneurs can only take part in the programme once.
Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
Can I apply as a host entrepreneur?
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme if:
- You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries and your company is registered in that country;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
Please read the programme guide (English) for more information on conditions of participation.
How the Program Runs?
In practice, the program runs by a network of local contact points under different consortiums. The contact points give you all the support you need after you make your online application.
Türkiye İMSAD is a part of the consortium SEE SMART SMEs, (South Eastern European coalition to cultivate SMART SMEs in Europe), with;
- SMEs and Craftsmanship Association - Salerno (Italy)
- The Kosovo Association of Information and Communication Technology - STIKK (Kosovo)
- Local Democracy Agency - LDA (Montenegro)
- Enterprise Development Agency - EDA (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- National Centre for Development of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Learning - NCDIEL (North Macedonia)
- Initiative for Teaching Entrepreneurship - IFTE (Austria)
For more information contact us on: email@example.com